DW debugging and rapid prototyping: the DW Debug Machine

Link to this posting

Postby seki » 04 Apr 2013, 09:59

<gratuitous_advertising>

The DW spy might have a serious concurrent in the form of the DW Debug Machine. It's a tool that once integrated and called on a live DW can show you
  • the dw design : a treeview lists of all controls and properties and you can query (=describe) or change (=modify) them via a dw syntax editor (actually the scintilla edit control that is used internally) so you can quickly experiment some modifications without needing to change your code and restart the application, you can evaluate some code for each line of data to experiment some expressions
  • the dw data : you can visualize all data buffers, change the data (or "fix" them in live debugging) and save them back to the DW, you can even explore a DW child content

I can say that this tool already saved me weeks of debugging in a few years :D
</gratuitous_advertising> (as it is not a component done by me, I may be forgiven ;) )

Here are some samples:

seki

Link to this posting

Postby Starrr » 04 Apr 2013, 10:49

Thanks!
Can you provide more info about the functionality of the utility?
What about copyright - is it free for commercial use?
Starrr

Link to this posting

Postby seki » 05 Apr 2013, 08:49

Follow the link to the blog of the author for more detailed info. BTW, the code is also available on GitHub.

Concerning the license, IIRC it is released under the Perl Artistic License, so coan virtualy do qhatever you want with it.

Note that the tool use some external PBNI extensions that I made and released with a liberal license too, in order to use regular expressions internally.
seki

Ketones are a more high-octane fuel for your brain than glucose. Become a biohacker and upgrade yourself to version 2.0!

Traffic Counter

eXTReMe Tracker